- Buy on Amazon - Copy URL
- Developed by Capcom (1999) on Arcade, PlayStation 2, DreamCast
- Action > 2D Fighting
- This amazing fighter stars 18 brawlers from the STREET FIGHTER III universe and introduces the new Leap Attack. Plus, a new Grade Judge system evaluates player performance at the end of each match. Huge characters and an innovative Hit-Frame system team up with the return of the Super Arts Fighting Styles. Experience totally seamless animation in the newest chapter of the greatest arcade series ever!
- #352 in All Time Favorite Games
- Rank it!
- Weekly Rank
Characters from that title
Where does it stack up?
#352 in All Time Favorite Games
- 977 pts347 - Mega Man 3 (NES)
- 971 pts348 - Animal Crossing: New Leaf
- 968 pts349 - Donkey Kong Country Returns
- 967 pts350 - Contra
- 965 pts351 - Assassin's Creed IV: Black F...
- 955 pts352 - Street Fighter III: 3rd S...
- 953 pts353 - Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of Wa...
- 953 pts354 - Rayman 2: The Great Escape
- 944 pts355 - Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi...
- 943 pts356 - Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
- 943 pts357 - Sid Meier's Civilization III
#144 in Best PlayStation 2 Games
- 89 pts139 - .hack//Infection Part 1
- 89 pts140 - Lego Star Wars II: The Origi...
- 88 pts141 - Gauntlet: Dark Legacy
- 87 pts142 - Destroy All Humans!
- 87 pts143 - Black
- 87 pts144 - Street Fighter III: 3rd S...
- 85 pts145 - Tekken 4
- 83 pts146 - Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan...
- 83 pts147 - Age of Empires II: The Age o...
- 81 pts148 - Castlevania: Curse of Darkne...
- 81 pts149 - X-Men Legends II: Rise of Ap...
#114 in Best of the '90s
- 135 pts109 - Tomb Raider II
- 134 pts110 - Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver
- 132 pts111 - Super Street Fighter II Turb...
- 129 pts112 - Mortal Kombat II
- 126 pts113 - Breath of Fire III
- 125 pts114 - Street Fighter III: 3rd S...
- 122 pts115 - Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark...
- 121 pts116 - Rayman
- 119 pts117 - System Shock
- 119 pts118 - Master of Orion II: Battle a...
- 118 pts119 - Secret of Evermore
#202 in Best Soundtrack
- 43 pts197 - Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
- 43 pts198 - Command & Conquer
- 42 pts199 - The Walking Dead
- 42 pts200 - Sonic 3 & Knuckles
- 42 pts201 - Paper Mario: The Thousand-Ye...
- 42 pts202 - Street Fighter III: 3rd S...
- 42 pts203 - Warcraft II: Tides of Darkne...
- 41 pts204 - Fallout: New Vegas
- 41 pts205 - Max Payne 3
- 41 pts206 - Rayman
- 41 pts207 - The Sims
#16 in Best Dreamcast Games
#10 in Best Fighting Games
- 607 pts05 - Tekken 3
- 598 pts06 - Super Street Fighter IV
- 592 pts07 - Mortal Kombat (2011)
- 567 pts08 - Street Fighter II
- 555 pts09 - Super Smash Bros.
- 495 pts10 - Street Fighter III: 3rd S...
- 441 pts11 - SoulCalibur
- 412 pts12 - Mortal Kombat II
- 382 pts13 - SoulCalibur IV
- 364 pts14 - Killer Instinct
- 360 pts15 - Super Street Fighter II Turb...
#32 in Best of 1999
- 254 pts27 - The Legend of Dragoon
- 250 pts28 - Rayman 2: The Great Escape
- 232 pts29 - Tekken Tag Tournament
- 212 pts30 - Gran Turismo 2
- 211 pts31 - Driver
- 209 pts32 - Street Fighter III: 3rd S...
- 204 pts33 - Jet Force Gemini
- 204 pts34 - Command & Conquer: Tiberian...
- 184 pts35 - Ape Escape
- 173 pts36 - Dungeon Keeper 2
- 163 pts37 - Dino Crisis
#17 in Best Arcade Games
- 417 pts12 - Tetris
- 414 pts13 - The House of the Dead 2
- 362 pts14 - Space Invaders (1978)
- 347 pts15 - Daytona USA
- 340 pts16 - Crazy Taxi
- 338 pts17 - Street Fighter III: 3rd S...
- 338 pts18 - SoulCalibur II
- 334 pts19 - Metal Slug
- 313 pts20 - Mortal Kombat
- 310 pts21 - Super Street Fighter II Turb...
- 298 pts22 - Final Fight
#393 in Most Influential
- 6 pts388 - Supreme Commander
- 6 pts389 - Resistance: Fall of Man
- 6 pts390 - Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 3
- 6 pts391 - Wild Arms 3
- 6 pts392 - Animal Crossing
- 6 pts393 - Street Fighter III: 3rd S...
- 6 pts394 - Caesar III
- 6 pts395 - Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee
- 6 pts396 - Virtua Fighter 2
- 6 pts397 - Super Street Fighter II
- 6 pts398 - Mario Kart Wii
#179 in Best Art Style
- 25 pts174 - BioShock 2
- 25 pts175 - Hotel Dusk: Room 215
- 25 pts176 - Sly 2: Band of Thieves
- 25 pts177 - Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
- 25 pts178 - Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings...
- 25 pts179 - Street Fighter III: 3rd S...
- 25 pts180 - Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee
- 24 pts181 - Paper Mario: Sticker Star
- 24 pts182 - Terranigma
- 24 pts183 - L.A. Noire
- 24 pts184 - Guilty Gear XX #Reload
#141 in Best of 6th Gen
- 74 pts136 - The Lord of the Rings: The R...
- 74 pts137 - Crazy Taxi
- 73 pts138 - Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver
- 72 pts139 - Odin Sphere
- 71 pts140 - Xenosaga Episode III: Also s...
- 69 pts141 - Street Fighter III: 3rd S...
- 69 pts142 - Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy...
- 67 pts143 - Spider-Man 2
- 65 pts144 - Final Fantasy IV Advance
- 65 pts145 - Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution
- 65 pts146 - The Chronicles of Riddick: E...
#1086 in Best Current Favorites
- 4 pts1081 - Viva Piñata
- 4 pts1082 - TimeSplitters: Future Perfec...
- 4 pts1083 - Fire Emblem: Path of Radianc...
- 4 pts1084 - Medal of Honor: Allied Assau...
- 4 pts1085 - Fatal Frame
- 4 pts1086 - Street Fighter III: 3rd S...
- 4 pts1087 - The Elder Scrolls II: Dagger...
- 4 pts1088 - Unreal Tournament
- 4 pts1089 - Unreal (1998)
- 4 pts1090 - Daytona USA
- 4 pts1091 - Resistance 2
You have played and enjoyed Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike and you wish to see it climb the ranking ladder? Nothing easier!
Sign up now for a free account and add this to all your top lists and move things around on unikGamer masterlists. Click here to register.If you already own an account on unikGamer, click here to login and edit your lists.
Here's a list of games from the same series.
Latest Microreviews on Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike
One of the finest 2D fighters ever made, Street Fighter III: Third Strike is the highpoint of the Street Fighter series, which is often regarded as the greatest franchise in fighting games. Only salvaging a handful of characters from Street Fighter II, SFIII managed to create a slew of likeable and memorable characters from scratch. The fighting engine and gameplay are the game's highest feats; SFIII: TS controls smoothly, and a number of features, such as parries and EX moves, add to the complexity of matches.
My favourite entry in the best fighting game series ever created. It has the most refined "easy to learn, hard to master"-fighting system and the parry-system is probably the most satisfying feature ever created in a fighting game. It also features some of the most beautiful 2D-graphics/animation I've ever seen.
One of the best 2D fighter of all time, and my favorite entry in the series. It is also the most technically demanding game in the series, and can be downright intimidating to get a handle on, but it's fun enough even for noobs to mind too much. Still beautiful to look at too. I lowered my score for it due to the imbalanced roster (full of notoriously bad matchups) but most people will find all of the characters have plenty of tools for non-tourney level play. Everyone should at least try this game out.
Third Strike is considered by most hardcore SF fans to be the best and deepest in the series. I agree with them in that it's one of the best in the entire franchise, as it introduced bevy of new mechanics like parrying, a judgement system, and EX Specials. Third Strike is also notable for its high-quality soundtrack and colorful graphics, which gave 2D fighters a beautiful edge over the climbing 3D fighters. Third Strike was the last original Street Fighter to be released (not counting II: Anniversary Edition) until Street Fighter IV would reignite the series, but Third Strike made the series dormant with a bang. Only downside though? Fucking. Gill. What a goddamn cheapass.
Honestly, I'm not a big Street Fighter guy. I played quite a bit of Street FIghter 2 back in the day, but I always greatly preferred Smash or SoulCalibur. Third Strike is on this list solely for the amount of fun you can have playing with your friends. Since we have a Third Strike arcade at the office, we often play it after work and it's just a blast.
Ahh, Third Strike, aka every day after work. I almost wanted to put Super Street Fighter IV here, but was quickly reminded of the past 3 years we've played 3 together at the ScrewAttack HQ. Everybody develops a couple favorite characters, but all I'm going to say is Ibuki and Makoto ftw, Chun-Li can stick her head in a microwave.
The Street Fighter franchise will always be important to me, but this entry is possibly the best in the series. On top of being one of the best fighting games in general, it came out right around the time 3D fighting games were starting to really take hold with titles like Soul Calibur and Tekken, proving that classic 2D style will always have a place in the fighting genre.
Street Fighter 3: Third Strike is the third and most complete iteration of SF3 and has stood the test of time among its loyal fans (most of whom are still playing it competitively in Japan). Easy to pick up, crushingly difficult to master. 3S is one of my favorite games solely due to the parry mechanic which sets you at razor's edge for the whole match. Because parries kind of killed distance games, the match naturally turned intense face-to-face fights. The legendary Daigo full parry video which your mom has probably seen too defines what this game was and is still about. Timeless design and beautiful animation to go makes this game a classic.