- Buy on Amazon - Copy URL
- Developed by Capcom (2005) on Wii, PlayStation 2, GameCube, PC
- Action Adventure
- Resident Evil 4 marks a new chapter in the Resident Evil series. You'll rejoin Leon S. Kennedy six years after his first mission as a rookie cop from Resident Evil 2. Now a US agent, Leon is on a top secret mission to investigate the disappearance of the president's daughter. As Leon, you must make your way to a mysterious location in Europe, where new enemies await. Take them down by using enhanced aim-and-shoot features and a new action button.
- #24 in All Time Favorite Games
- Rank it!
- Weekly Rank
Where does it stack up?
#24 in All Time Favorite Games
- 12569 pts19 - The Legend of Zelda: Majora'...
- 12209 pts20 - Grand Theft Auto: San Andrea...
- 12072 pts21 - Mass Effect
- 11874 pts22 - Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
- 11850 pts23 - The Legend of Zelda: The Win...
- 11698 pts24 - Resident Evil 4
- 11539 pts25 - Super Smash Bros. Brawl
- 10929 pts26 - Final Fantasy X
- 10782 pts27 - Team Fortress 2
- 10690 pts28 - Super Smash Bros. Melee
- 10616 pts29 - Assassin's Creed II
#9 in Best PlayStation 2 Games
- 1707 pts04 - Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of...
- 1677 pts05 - Grand Theft Auto: San Andrea...
- 1556 pts06 - Kingdom Hearts II
- 1536 pts07 - Kingdom Hearts
- 1534 pts08 - Okami
- 1520 pts09 - Resident Evil 4
- 1332 pts10 - Shin Megami Tensei: Persona...
- 1309 pts11 - God of War
- 1305 pts12 - Ico
- 1275 pts13 - Shin Megami Tensei: Persona...
- 1170 pts14 - God of War II
#94 in Best PC Games
#4 in Best of the 2000s
- 1487 pts01 - Half-Life 2
- 1319 pts02 - BioShock
- 1306 pts03 - Final Fantasy X
- 1298 pts04 - Resident Evil 4
- 1245 pts05 - Portal
- 1237 pts06 - The Legend of Zelda: The Win...
- 1220 pts07 - Shadow of the Colossus
- 1187 pts08 - The Legend of Zelda: Majora'...
- 1178 pts09 - Mass Effect
- 1109 pts10 - Fallout 3
- 1049 pts11 - Super Mario Galaxy
#990 in Best Soundtrack
- 5 pts985 - Ridge Racer
- 5 pts986 - Sid Meier's Civilization IV:...
- 5 pts987 - Pilotwings
- 5 pts988 - Gran Turismo
- 5 pts989 - Dune II: The Building of a D...
- 5 pts990 - Resident Evil 4
- 5 pts991 - Lufia II: Rise of the Sinist...
- 4 pts992 - Assassin's Creed IV: Black F...
- 4 pts993 - Touhou Shinreibyou: Ten Desi...
- 4 pts994 - Yu-No: Kono Yo no Hate de Ko...
- 4 pts995 - The Unfinished Swan
#1 in Best of 2005
- 1973 pts01 - Resident Evil 4
- 1819 pts02 - Shadow of the Colossus
- 1354 pts03 - God of War
- 932 pts04 - Kingdom Hearts II
- 784 pts05 - Psychonauts
- 724 pts06 - Sid Meier's Civilization IV
- 676 pts07 - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
- 661 pts08 - Devil May Cry 3: Dante's Awa...
- 659 pts09 - Star Wars: Battlefront II
- 607 pts10 - Mario Kart DS
- 531 pts11 - F.E.A.R.
#9 in Best Wii Games
- 3023 pts04 - Super Mario Galaxy 2
- 2174 pts05 - Mario Kart Wii
- 1834 pts06 - The Legend of Zelda: Skyward...
- 1822 pts07 - Donkey Kong Country Returns
- 1728 pts08 - New Super Mario Bros. Wii
- 1268 pts09 - Resident Evil 4
- 1254 pts10 - Xenoblade Chronicles
- 1178 pts11 - Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
- 1156 pts12 - Wii Sports
- 1053 pts13 - Super Paper Mario
- 1046 pts14 - Okami
#104 in Best Storyline
- 68 pts99 - Journey (2012)
- 68 pts100 - Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max...
- 67 pts101 - Deadly Premonition
- 67 pts102 - Hotel Dusk: Room 215
- 67 pts103 - The Elder Scrolls III: Morro...
- 65 pts104 - Resident Evil 4
- 64 pts105 - Tales of the Abyss
- 64 pts106 - Umineko no Naku Koro Ni
- 63 pts107 - Vagrant Story
- 62 pts108 - Tales of Vesperia
- 61 pts109 - Assassin's Creed: Brotherhoo...
#3 in Best TPS Games
- 1237 pts01 - Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
- 1198 pts02 - Mass Effect 2
- 1084 pts03 - Resident Evil 4
- 720 pts04 - Dead Space
- 715 pts05 - Red Dead Redemption
- 680 pts06 - Mass Effect
- 621 pts07 - Gears of War 2
- 596 pts08 - Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of...
- 575 pts09 - Max Payne
- 545 pts10 - Gears of War
- 450 pts11 - Grand Theft Auto: San Andrea...
#5 in Best GameCube Games
- 3855 pts01 - The Legend of Zelda: The Win...
- 3594 pts02 - Super Smash Bros. Melee
- 2586 pts03 - Metroid Prime
- 2252 pts04 - Super Mario Sunshine
- 2225 pts05 - Resident Evil 4
- 1836 pts06 - The Legend of Zelda: Twiligh...
- 1673 pts07 - Mario Kart: Double Dash!!
- 1564 pts08 - Paper Mario: The Thousand-Ye...
- 1241 pts09 - Luigi's Mansion
- 1218 pts10 - Eternal Darkness: Sanity's R...
- 1182 pts11 - Resident Evil (2002)
#19 in Best of 7th Gen
- 886 pts14 - The Legend of Zelda: Twiligh...
- 881 pts15 - Super Mario Galaxy 2
- 834 pts16 - The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivi...
- 778 pts17 - Batman: Arkham City
- 743 pts18 - Dragon Age: Origins
- 727 pts19 - Resident Evil 4
- 667 pts20 - Grand Theft Auto IV
- 625 pts21 - Heavy Rain
- 623 pts22 - The Last of Us
- 612 pts23 - BioShock Infinite
- 576 pts24 - The Walking Dead
#31 in Most Influential
#205 in Best Art Style
- 22 pts200 - Silent Hill
- 22 pts201 - Torchlight
- 22 pts202 - PixelJunk Eden
- 22 pts203 - Prince of Persia: The Sands...
- 22 pts204 - Secret of Mana
- 22 pts205 - Resident Evil 4
- 21 pts206 - Eve Online
- 21 pts207 - Secret of Evermore
- 21 pts208 - The Legend of Dragoon
- 21 pts209 - Fallout: New Vegas
- 21 pts210 - Conker's Bad Fur Day
#3 in Best of 6th Gen
- 1285 pts01 - Shadow of the Colossus
- 1207 pts02 - The Legend of Zelda: The Win...
- 1167 pts03 - Resident Evil 4
- 1079 pts04 - Final Fantasy X
- 979 pts05 - Super Smash Bros. Melee
- 930 pts06 - Half-Life 2
- 827 pts07 - Star Wars: Knights of the Ol...
- 796 pts08 - Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Ea...
- 747 pts09 - Metroid Prime
- 740 pts10 - Grand Theft Auto: San Andrea...
- 679 pts11 - Kingdom Hearts
#8 in Best of Action-Adventure
- 308 pts03 - The Legend of Zelda: The Win...
- 276 pts04 - The Legend of Zelda: Majora'...
- 258 pts05 - Super Metroid
- 248 pts06 - The Legend of Zelda: A Link...
- 246 pts07 - Batman: Arkham Asylum
- 231 pts08 - Resident Evil 4
- 229 pts09 - Batman: Arkham City
- 209 pts10 - Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
- 195 pts11 - Castlevania: Symphony of the...
- 180 pts12 - Okami
- 174 pts13 - Red Dead Redemption
You have played and enjoyed Resident Evil 4 and you wish to see it climb the ranking ladder? Nothing easier!
Sign up now for a free account and add this to all your top lists and move things around on unikGamer masterlists. Click here to register.If you already own an account on unikGamer, click here to login and edit your lists.
Here's a list of games from the same series.
Latest Microreviews on Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil 4 Review written Monday, September 29th, 2014 at 10:51 am.
I can?t say I?m a big fan of this genre or even the rest of the R.E. series, but this game is amazing. It is so intense but intersperses puzzles and a few sidequests to let you breathe a little. The game has a good sense of pace and has a theatrical quality, interspersing great tactical/action gameplay huge boss battles and a weapon upgrading system that gives the game extra depth. I?m still in awe of the boss named ?El Gigante? who can pick up trees and swing them at you and rip off the roofs of shacks you try to hide in.
Resident Evil 4 Review written Tuesday, September 9th, 2014 at 05:25 pm.
Essentially a action game with enough tension to result to its place in this outstanding saga. As Leon S. Kennedy you must infiltrate a spanish village to save US President daughter has been captured from evil forces. No more zombies here but ferocious villagers and enemies that put in difficulty when sorrounded. Melee moves and guns, many of them, from beretta to rifle to mine launcher to rocket launcher. Assignement Ada and Mercenaries are unlocked completing game, and they make global product most appetible. TPS game as any. Masterwork!
Resident Evil 4 Review written Friday, March 21st, 2014 at 02:48 am.
You could call this game the forefather of nearly every single cinematic big-budget action-adventure game on the market today. Yet, most of them still missed a lot of what made Resident Evil 4 so masterful. The large environments, sense of discovery, thrilling horror, balanced action, variety and imagination really make this game shine, even 10 years down the road.
Resident Evil 4 Review written Thursday, November 21st, 2013 at 12:03 am.
my favorite resi game and will always enjoy playing this, should be played by everyone
Resident Evil 4 Review written Saturday, November 2nd, 2013 at 05:27 am.
best game I ever played
Resident Evil 4 Review written Friday, September 27th, 2013 at 02:17 am.
Fantastic, quite simply. It's on the same level as REmake, and actually used to be my favorite game. The gun play is so tight, and is what all shooters aspire to be to this modern day. Unfortunately, the story is largely filler and started the trend for survival horror games to become actionized.
Resident Evil 4 Review written Saturday, August 31st, 2013 at 07:00 pm.
Resident Evil 4 is a Third Person (Camera behind the character) Horror Shooter game. I played it on the Wii version. RE4 is a masterpiece of gaming. It is the most recent GOOD title in the RE franchise. Every part of it worked so well it HAD to be up here. Let me explain. RE4 is amazing because of its dark atmosphere. The music combined with the dull and creepy visuals make the perfect environment for horror. If you've played RE4 you DO remember the REGENERATORS. That's not a question, it's a fact. The most terrifying part of the game is in the Hospital area. every fan agrees. Its weapons system and general progression is something that lets you even play the game again, which is rare for a game like this. Essentially, Me + RE4 =
Resident Evil 4 Review written Tuesday, August 6th, 2013 at 10:08 am.
One of my all time favorite games, the story was ok and the dialogue was not very good, but the gameplay is just magnificent, the atmosphere is great and engaging, the enemies are scary and smart and can sometimes dodge your bullets, the customizable weapons are awesome and the inventory system is very well made. The game also features memorable characters such as the coolest NPC in gaming (subjective) the Merchant and also the most annoying NPC Ashley. The game is long which makes it awesome and has great replay value because of all the weapons. In general the game is without a doubt one of the best third person shooters out there and one of the best survival horror games. One more thing, the soundtracks are AMAZING...
Resident Evil 4 Review written Wednesday, July 24th, 2013 at 08:53 pm.
I absolutely loved this game! It is a classic!
Resident Evil 4 Review written Monday, June 3rd, 2013 at 01:33 am.
Ohmygerd I have such terrific memories with this game and it's the only resident evil (out of the ones that take like 5 seconds to open the doors) that actually scared me. But that could've just been because I was younger and I played it with the lights off at night after watching a zombie movie.