- Buy on Amazon - Copy URL
- Developed by Ubisoft Montpellier (2011) on PlayStation 3, Wii, Xbox 360, PC, PS Vita, 3DS
- Action > 2D Platformer
- When the Glade of Dreams is overrun by "nefurrious" Darktoons, the Fairy Council hastily invokes Rayman to save the day; but the hero of light isn't quite all there is. To help him, Rayman teams up with his best friend, Globox, and two crafty wizards, the Teensies. Together, the world's most hilarious team of heroes will need to restore peace to the Glade or watch as their beloved home vanishes like a bad dream...
- #451 in All Time Favorite Games
- Rank it!
- Weekly Rank
Where does it stack up?
#451 in All Time Favorite Games
- 700 pts446 - Metal Gear Solid: The Twin S...
- 699 pts447 - Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenka...
- 697 pts448 - Pokemon Snap
- 695 pts449 - Diddy Kong Racing
- 693 pts450 - Chrono Trigger (DS/iOS)
- 692 pts451 - Rayman Origins
- 685 pts452 - Need for Speed: Underground
- 684 pts453 - Catherine
- 682 pts454 - Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell:...
- 681 pts455 - Prince of Persia: Warrior Wi...
- 679 pts456 - Terranigma
#349 in Best PC Games
- 58 pts344 - Saints Row: The Third
- 58 pts345 - VVVVVV
- 58 pts346 - The Movies
- 58 pts347 - City of Heroes
- 58 pts348 - Hexen
- 57 pts349 - Rayman Origins
- 57 pts350 - Police Quest: In Pursuit of...
- 57 pts351 - Jade Empire
- 57 pts352 - Ultima Underworld II: Labyri...
- 56 pts353 - Oregon Trail II
- 56 pts354 - Populous: The Beginning
#149 in Best Soundtrack
- 60 pts144 - Arcanum: Of Steamworks and M...
- 58 pts145 - Pokemon Black and White
- 58 pts146 - Streets of Rage
- 57 pts147 - Sonic Adventure 2
- 57 pts148 - Grandia II
- 56 pts149 - Rayman Origins
- 55 pts150 - Pokemon Black and White 2
- 55 pts151 - Chrono Trigger (DS/iOS)
- 55 pts152 - L.A. Noire
- 54 pts153 - Shatter
- 54 pts154 - Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
#55 in Best PlayStation 3 Games
#149 in Best Xbox 360 Games
- 60 pts144 - 'Splosion Man
- 60 pts145 - BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger
- 60 pts146 - Guitar Hero II
- 59 pts147 - Viva Piñata
- 58 pts148 - Dead Island
- 58 pts149 - Rayman Origins
- 58 pts150 - Star Wars: The Force Unleash...
- 56 pts151 - Battlefield: Bad Company
- 56 pts152 - Burnout Revenge
- 55 pts153 - Forza Horizon
- 54 pts154 - XCOM: Enemy Unknown
#41 in Best Wii Games
- 339 pts36 - Sin & Punishment: Star Succe...
- 298 pts37 - Mario Party 8
- 298 pts38 - Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barba...
- 295 pts39 - GoldenEye 007 (Wii)
- 271 pts40 - Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of...
- 264 pts41 - Rayman Origins
- 255 pts42 - World of Goo
- 253 pts43 - Epic Mickey
- 245 pts44 - Dead Space: Extraction
- 240 pts45 - Mario Strikers Charged
- 237 pts46 - The House of the Dead: Overk...
#52 in Best of 7th Gen
- 311 pts47 - Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
- 293 pts48 - Braid
- 282 pts49 - inFAMOUS
- 279 pts50 - Halo 3
- 277 pts51 - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney...
- 275 pts52 - Rayman Origins
- 270 pts53 - Alan Wake
- 264 pts54 - Mario Kart Wii
- 259 pts55 - inFAMOUS 2
- 259 pts56 - Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walk...
- 258 pts57 - Super Street Fighter IV
#14 in Best 2D Platformers
- 531 pts09 - Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy...
- 445 pts10 - Mega Man X
- 413 pts11 - Super Meat Boy
- 349 pts12 - Sonic the Hedgehog (16-bit)
- 342 pts13 - Mega Man 2 (NES)
- 329 pts14 - Rayman Origins
- 327 pts15 - Sonic 3 & Knuckles
- 293 pts16 - LittleBigPlanet
- 291 pts17 - Metroid Fusion
- 285 pts18 - Braid
- 284 pts19 - Donkey Kong Country Returns
#15 in Best Art Style
#148 in Best Current Favorites
- 48 pts143 - The Elder Scrolls III: Morro...
- 47 pts144 - Mario Kart U
- 47 pts145 - FIFA Soccer 13
- 47 pts146 - Deus Ex
- 46 pts147 - Shadowrun Returns
- 46 pts148 - Rayman Origins
- 46 pts149 - Call of Duty: Black Ops
- 46 pts150 - Metroid Prime
- 46 pts151 - Mario Kart 64
- 45 pts152 - StarCraft II: Heart of the S...
- 45 pts153 - Torchlight II
#12 in Best of 2011
- 1075 pts07 - The Legend of Zelda: Skyward...
- 751 pts08 - L.A. Noire
- 702 pts09 - The Witcher 2: Assassins of...
- 685 pts10 - Dead Space 2
- 673 pts11 - Bastion
- 610 pts12 - Rayman Origins
- 578 pts13 - Saints Row: The Third
- 558 pts14 - Battlefield 3
- 544 pts15 - inFAMOUS 2
- 527 pts16 - Gears of War 3
- 512 pts17 - Catherine
#37 in Best of 3DS
- 100 pts32 - Code of Princess
- 99 pts33 - Sonic Generations (3DS)
- 91 pts34 - Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Sh...
- 89 pts35 - Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Su...
- 88 pts36 - Mario Tennis Open
- 85 pts37 - Rayman Origins
- 84 pts38 - Rhythm Thief & the Emperor’s...
- 83 pts39 - Gunman Clive
- 79 pts40 - Zen Pinball
- 77 pts41 - Pokemon Rumble Blast
- 73 pts42 - Scribblenauts Unlimited
#4 in Best Vita Games
- 671 pts01 - Persona 4 Golden
- 577 pts02 - Gravity Rush
- 528 pts03 - Uncharted: Golden Abyss
- 266 pts04 - Rayman Origins
- 240 pts05 - LittleBigPlanet PS Vita
- 234 pts06 - PlayStation All-Stars Battle...
- 230 pts07 - Metal Gear Solid HD Collecti...
- 223 pts08 - Assassin's Creed III: Libera...
- 201 pts09 - Zero Escape: Virtue's Last R...
- 184 pts10 - Wipeout 2048
- 176 pts11 - Sound Shapes
You have played and enjoyed Rayman Origins and you wish to see it climb the ranking ladder? Nothing easier!
Sign up now for a free account and add this to all your top lists and move things around on unikGamer masterlists. Click here to register.If you already own an account on unikGamer, click here to login and edit your lists.
Latest Microreviews on Rayman Origins
Rayman Origins Review written Friday, March 21st, 2014 at 05:39 am.
A ho-hum platformer glossed by a strong artistic direction. Each of the characters handle like a pick-up truck trying to be a sport's car. Time-trials feel odd in such a slow floaty platformer. Levels lack variety. When nearly all levels in a given world look mostly the same, it's a problem. Forced backtracking make me resent the extras. The absence of good mainstream platformers led Rayman Origins to success, but one perusal of what the indie market has to offer makes this game look really unimaginative in comparison.
Rayman Origins Review written Sunday, June 30th, 2013 at 09:15 pm.
Rayman Origins features classic 2D platforming but I don't like the way the developers did it. The soundtrack is one of the most annoying I've ever listened to in a game. It sounds like drunk chipmunks singing-along to the songs. The sprites are so small that they are hardly recognizable, even on my big Full HD screen (note: I played the PC version). The wall-running doesn't work half of the time which leads to some frustrating moments. Otherwise the game is easier than the original Rayman on PS1 because the player has infinite lives. After playing the original Rayman I must admit that I'm very disappointed with this installment as it can't keep up with the excellent level design of the original game. The shooting-levels are annoying.
Rayman Origins Review written Saturday, June 22nd, 2013 at 07:09 pm.
A really fun and fast-paced 2D platformer. It secrets are well-hidden, and the platforming itself gets really clever as you go on, especially the final boss.
Rayman Origins Review written Monday, June 17th, 2013 at 11:19 pm.
Rayman Origins is my favorite 2D platformer of this generation. It has great game feel, awesome visuals, and a nice soundtrack. What else could you ask for? I can't wait for the sequel.
Rayman Origins Review written Friday, March 8th, 2013 at 11:28 am.
After Rayman: Raving Rabbids almost destroyed the Rayman franchise with their never ending party game sequels, I though we would never see another good Rayman game. Then this gem came out of nowhere! The visuals are all digitally drawn and are so crisp the camera is able to zoom in and it makes the game look better. The levels are illustrated SO nicely and the engine this game is designed in is able to bend character sillouettes to get some of the smoothest and funniest animations I've ever seen in a videogame. The game play is tight, fun, great multiplayer, challenging whilst doing away with pointless lives. This was a great recovery for the Rayman franchise and beautiful art.
Rayman Origins Review written Wednesday, February 20th, 2013 at 02:12 am.
One of the few 2D platformers that can really give the Mario games a run for its money. The levels all have a certain flow to them that feels incredibly natural and it really just makes the game a blast to play. The game's co-op is great too since you can either help your friends or be a total jerk and slap them around while you try to get more Lums. The infinite lives thing is genius. I love whoever decided to do that. The game is, of course, beautiful. And the soundtrack? It's the pure essence of fun. This game's primary goal is for you to have fun, something which I think a lot of games forego in favor of telling a deep story or having a 60+ hour quest.
Rayman Origins Review written Tuesday, January 1st, 2013 at 09:51 pm.
The best platformer of this generation outside of Spelunky. It's a must own for any 2d platformer fan.
Rayman Origins Review written Thursday, December 6th, 2012 at 12:08 pm.
Beautiful, fluent, challenging, repayable, limbless protagonist, amazing single or multi player. Best Rayman to date.
Rayman Origins Review written Thursday, August 30th, 2012 at 01:51 pm.
Rayman has returned, and I'm not disappointed! I was dubious at first at the new co-op centred gameplay, but having played through it with my brother it's clear that this was the vision from the beginning, and levels are designed to best suit it. The game features tons of content, with a good amount of variety (both in visuals and mechanics), from slow paced swimming to frantic chest chases. The game suffers from a few glitches, and a strange difficulty drop about half way through, but when looked at as a whole it's one of the best games of an extremely good year in gaming. Also, in classic Rayman tradition, this game features a completely new aesthetic design and tone, as well substance which contradicts previous Glade of Dreams lore.