- Buy on Amazon - Copy URL
- Developed by Game Freak (2002) on Game Boy Advance
- Role-Playing > J-Style RPG
- The race to catch 'em all is on again in Pokémon Ruby. This entry in the Pokémon series features an all-new storyline, awesome new Pokémon, and addictive RPG gameplay. One of the biggest additions to Pokémon Ruby is the two-on-two battle system, which allows you to link up with three friends to battle competitively or cooperatively. You can also showcase your Pokémon's coolness, beauty, cuteness, smartness, and toughness in Pokémon contests. With new Pokémon, two-on-two battles, and an all-new region of Hoenn to explore, Pokémon Sapphire takes the Pokémon experience to the next level.
- #136 in All Time Favorite Games
- Rank it!
- Weekly Rank
Characters from that title
Where does it stack up?
#136 in All Time Favorite Games
- 2774 pts131 - The Legend of Zelda: Link's...
- 2769 pts132 - Tales of Symphonia
- 2768 pts133 - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
- 2767 pts134 - God of War II
- 2757 pts135 - Heroes of Might and Magic II...
- 2739 pts136 - Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire
- 2723 pts137 - Secret of Mana
- 2705 pts138 - Paper Mario
- 2683 pts139 - Super Mario Kart
- 2656 pts140 - Fallout
- 2652 pts141 - Dishonored
#40 in Best JP-Style RPGs
- 209 pts35 - Vagrant Story
- 206 pts36 - Tales of Vesperia
- 201 pts37 - Disgaea: Hour of Darkness
- 200 pts38 - Final Fantasy XIII
- 190 pts39 - Pokemon FireRed and LeafGree...
- 181 pts40 - Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire
- 178 pts41 - Pokemon Black and White
- 177 pts42 - Lost Odyssey
- 170 pts43 - Pokemon Yellow: Special Pika...
- 163 pts44 - Tales of the Abyss
- 149 pts45 - Phantasy Star IV
#111 in Best of the 2000s
- 160 pts106 - Pokemon Crystal
- 158 pts107 - Battlefield 2
- 157 pts108 - Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Ars...
- 154 pts109 - Tales of the Abyss
- 153 pts110 - Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age...
- 150 pts111 - Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire
- 149 pts112 - TimeSplitters 2
- 149 pts113 - Devil May Cry
- 149 pts114 - The Sims
- 145 pts115 - Spyro: Year of the Dragon
- 144 pts116 - Pokemon FireRed and LeafGree...
#251 in Best Soundtrack
- 33 pts246 - Command & Conquer: Red Alert...
- 33 pts247 - Shadow Hearts: Covenant
- 33 pts248 - Super Mario Sunshine
- 33 pts249 - Mega Man 9
- 32 pts250 - Terranigma
- 32 pts251 - Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire
- 32 pts252 - Battlefield Vietnam
- 32 pts253 - Donkey Kong Country Returns
- 32 pts254 - Rock Band
- 32 pts255 - Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2
- 32 pts256 - Rayman 2: The Great Escape
#10 in Best of 2002
- 1061 pts05 - The Elder Scrolls III: Morro...
- 768 pts06 - Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos
- 731 pts07 - Super Mario Sunshine
- 706 pts08 - SoulCalibur II
- 605 pts09 - Resident Evil (2002)
- 563 pts10 - Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire
- 517 pts11 - Metroid Fusion
- 494 pts12 - Eternal Darkness: Sanity's R...
- 456 pts13 - Battlefield 1942
- 435 pts14 - Ratchet & Clank
- 431 pts15 - TimeSplitters 2
#6 in Best GBA Games
- 1667 pts01 - Pokemon FireRed and LeafGree...
- 1555 pts02 - Metroid Fusion
- 1478 pts03 - Golden Sun
- 1451 pts04 - The Legend of Zelda: The Min...
- 1370 pts05 - Pokemon Emerald
- 1334 pts06 - Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire
- 1099 pts07 - Fire Emblem
- 1078 pts08 - Mario & Luigi: Superstar Sag...
- 1066 pts09 - Metroid: Zero Mission
- 1019 pts10 - The Legend of Zelda: A Link...
- 994 pts11 - Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow
#435 in Best Art Style
- 8 pts430 - Broken Sword II: The Smoking...
- 8 pts431 - Culdcept II Expansion
- 8 pts432 - Gothic II
- 8 pts433 - Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage!
- 8 pts434 - Samorost
- 8 pts435 - Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire
- 8 pts436 - Bahamut Lagoon
- 8 pts437 - Outcast (1999)
- 8 pts438 - Harvest Moon 64
- 8 pts439 - Spider-Man: Shattered Dimens...
- 8 pts440 - Metal Gear Rising: Revengean...
#59 in Best of 6th Gen
- 194 pts54 - Max Payne
- 193 pts55 - Ratchet & Clank: Going Comma...
- 191 pts56 - Eternal Darkness: Sanity's R...
- 190 pts57 - Killer7
- 186 pts58 - Skies of Arcadia
- 185 pts59 - Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire
- 178 pts60 - Tales of the Abyss
- 174 pts61 - TimeSplitters 2
- 173 pts62 - Dragon Quest VIII: Journey o...
- 172 pts63 - Sonic Adventure
- 170 pts64 - The Legend of Zelda: The Min...
#451 in Best Current Favorites
- 14 pts446 - PixelJunk SideScroller
- 14 pts447 - Sonic 3 & Knuckles
- 14 pts448 - Desktop Dungeons
- 14 pts449 - Ghost Trick: Phantom Detecti...
- 14 pts450 - Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
- 14 pts451 - Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire
- 14 pts452 - Pokemon Platinum Version
- 14 pts453 - Ys Seven
- 14 pts454 - Dragon Age II
- 14 pts455 - Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walk...
- 14 pts456 - Mario & Luigi: Superstar Sag...
You have played and enjoyed Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire and you wish to see it climb the ranking ladder? Nothing easier!
Sign up now for a free account and add this to all your top lists and move things around on unikGamer masterlists. Click here to register.If you already own an account on unikGamer, click here to login and edit your lists.
Here's a list of games from the same series.
Latest Microreviews on Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire
Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire Review written Monday, May 19th, 2014 at 01:48 am.
This being a Poke'mon game there isn't much to say other than that it gives you your basic Poke'mon routine. Except for whichever game you play first ends up being your favorite. That's why I like this one.
Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire Review written Friday, November 8th, 2013 at 09:46 pm.
Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire revolutionized the Pokemon Franchise. I dont know how to explain it really but you can see where I am going.
Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire Review written Wednesday, July 24th, 2013 at 05:15 am.
Uber fun game not the best graphics but it was make in 2003 so give it a break. Very fun game go try it!
Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire Review written Wednesday, May 8th, 2013 at 06:28 am.
I am not ashamed to admit I've played every single Pokemon game. All of them, across the game spectrum. While there have been some average games from this series, Ruby stands out from all the others. The secret bases are fun to decorate, the Pokemon are imaginative and fun, and gym leaders don't seem to use Full Restore as much. To this day, my best memories of hand held gaming come from Ruby.
Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire Review written Monday, April 29th, 2013 at 04:18 pm.
Could also be my number one game because it certainly is the game i played the most, i spend days playing this game when i was a lot younger, at least every night just to get a little bit further without knowing english, also one of the games that teached me to read English.
Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire Review written Thursday, April 25th, 2013 at 08:40 am.
The pokemon franchise is a classic that I believe every child should experience. For me, Pokemon Ruby was my first and favourite.
Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire Review written Thursday, April 25th, 2013 at 03:26 am.
This was the first gameboy advanced pokemon games that was invented and i was completely locked into that game. I completely got the national pokedex completed and i was the happiest little kid.
Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire Review written Monday, March 4th, 2013 at 02:09 pm.
I had to pick only one pokemon game because in truth I've sunk hours into all of them. I picked ruby/sapphire. I feel like they introduced the best mechanics for the franchise, created a beautifully coloured world on the GBA's palette and introduced my favourite pokemon Mudkip. I had a lot of fun exploring Hoenn
Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire Review written Thursday, February 21st, 2013 at 05:49 pm.
As I explained in my Emerald review, Ruby is was my first Pokemon game ever, and it left a mark on me. I'm trying not to be a nostalgia fag here, but this game is great, with a great region (reminds me of summer...) and a lot of good new Pokemon. It obviously not as good as Emerald, but still a classic. Since I already rated Emerald, I'm not rating this to avoid being too biased. Just play either this or Emerald
Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire Review written Wednesday, February 13th, 2013 at 10:02 pm.
First Pokémon game I actually owned and spent countless hours on Ruby. The story is not the greatest, but I loved it anyways. Some of the best Pokémon design and I still remember the first time I got to the top of Sky Pillar and battled Rayquaza. The surprise of finding such an awesome Pokémon by random exploring is one of the reasons he is my favourite Pokémon and Ruby is one of my favourite games