- Buy on Amazon - Copy URL
- Developed by Kojima Productions (2010) on PSP
- Action Adventure
- Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker marks the return of the world-renowned stealth-action series. Hand-crafted by series creator Hideo Kojima, the all-new sequel delivers an original game design, story, and scenario as it picks up where Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater for the PlayStation 2 leaves off.
- #324 in All Time Favorite Games
- Rank it!
- Weekly Rank
Where does it stack up?
#324 in All Time Favorite Games
- 1090 pts319 - Gothic II
- 1090 pts320 - Resident Evil 5
- 1089 pts321 - Guild Wars
- 1084 pts322 - Unreal Tournament 2004
- 1073 pts323 - Kid Icarus: Uprising
- 1073 pts324 - Metal Gear Solid: Peace W...
- 1073 pts325 - The Legend of Zelda: The Min...
- 1072 pts326 - FTL: Faster Than Light
- 1063 pts327 - New Super Mario Bros. Wii
- 1060 pts328 - Quake
- 1053 pts329 - Neverwinter Nights (2002)
#535 in Best Soundtrack
- 12 pts530 - Secret of Evermore
- 12 pts531 - Rule of Rose
- 12 pts532 - Battlefield 3
- 12 pts533 - Final Fantasy Tactics Advanc...
- 12 pts534 - Kirby's Epic Yarn
- 12 pts535 - Metal Gear Solid: Peace W...
- 12 pts536 - MediEvil
- 12 pts537 - Shin Megami Tensei: Strange...
- 12 pts538 - Metro 2033
- 12 pts539 - DJ Hero
- 12 pts540 - Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of Wa...
#35 in Best of 2010
- 382 pts30 - Mafia II
- 378 pts31 - Metro 2033
- 377 pts32 - Enslaved: Odyssey to the Wes...
- 371 pts33 - Fable III
- 369 pts34 - Rock Band 3
- 365 pts35 - Metal Gear Solid: Peace W...
- 319 pts36 - Kirby's Epic Yarn
- 315 pts37 - Alpha Protocol
- 315 pts38 - Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell:...
- 271 pts39 - Scott Pilgrim vs. the World:...
- 259 pts40 - Deadly Premonition
#2 in Best PSP Games
- 1183 pts01 - Crisis Core: Final Fantasy V...
- 1000 pts02 - Metal Gear Solid: Peace W...
- 960 pts03 - Kingdom Hearts Birth by Slee...
- 856 pts04 - God of War: Chains of Olympu...
- 731 pts05 - Dissidia: Final Fantasy
- 686 pts06 - Shin Megami Tensei: Persona...
- 641 pts07 - God of War: Ghost of Sparta
- 598 pts08 - Final Fantasy Tactics: The W...
- 562 pts09 - Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy
- 478 pts10 - Castlevania: The Dracula X C...
- 426 pts11 - Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling T...
#171 in Best Storyline
- 38 pts166 - Shenmue II
- 37 pts167 - Kid Icarus: Uprising
- 37 pts168 - World of Warcraft
- 37 pts169 - Final Fantasy XII
- 36 pts170 - Persona 4 Golden
- 36 pts171 - Metal Gear Solid: Peace W...
- 36 pts172 - The Legend of Zelda: A Link...
- 35 pts173 - Final Fantasy Tactics: The W...
- 35 pts174 - StarCraft II: Wings of Liber...
- 34 pts175 - Fire Emblem: Path of Radianc...
- 34 pts176 - Dragon Quest VIII: Journey o...
#51 in Best TPS Games
- 87 pts46 - Saints Row: The Third
- 87 pts47 - Max Payne 3
- 86 pts48 - Ratchet & Clank Future: Tool...
- 81 pts49 - Grand Theft Auto V
- 77 pts50 - Lost Planet: Extreme Conditi...
- 75 pts51 - Metal Gear Solid: Peace W...
- 74 pts52 - Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath
- 70 pts53 - Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsiste...
- 67 pts54 - Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell:...
- 64 pts55 - Grand Theft Auto: Episodes F...
- 63 pts56 - Ghostbusters: The Video Game
#56 in Best of 7th Gen
- 277 pts51 - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney...
- 275 pts52 - Rayman Origins
- 270 pts53 - Alan Wake
- 264 pts54 - Mario Kart Wii
- 259 pts55 - inFAMOUS 2
- 259 pts56 - Metal Gear Solid: Peace W...
- 258 pts57 - Super Street Fighter IV
- 248 pts58 - The World Ends With You
- 240 pts59 - Lost Odyssey
- 237 pts60 - Okami
- 232 pts61 - Donkey Kong Country Returns
#387 in Best Art Style
- 9 pts382 - Ar tonelico Qoga: Knell of A...
- 9 pts383 - Shank
- 9 pts384 - Dragon Age II
- 9 pts385 - Alex Kidd in Shinobi World
- 9 pts386 - Transformers: War for Cybert...
- 9 pts387 - Metal Gear Solid: Peace W...
- 9 pts388 - Might and Magic III: Isles o...
- 9 pts389 - MediEvil
- 9 pts390 - Dragon's Lair
- 9 pts391 - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles...
- 9 pts392 - RollerCoaster Tycoon 2
#455 in Best Current Favorites
- 14 pts450 - Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
- 14 pts451 - Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire
- 14 pts452 - Pokemon Platinum Version
- 14 pts453 - Ys Seven
- 14 pts454 - Dragon Age II
- 14 pts455 - Metal Gear Solid: Peace W...
- 14 pts456 - Mario & Luigi: Superstar Sag...
- 14 pts457 - Conker's Bad Fur Day
- 14 pts458 - Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
- 14 pts459 - Jak II
- 14 pts460 - Eternal Darkness: Sanity's R...
#96 in Best of Action-Adventure
- 22 pts91 - Darksiders II
- 22 pts92 - Wonder Boy III: The Dragon's...
- 21 pts93 - Mafia II
- 21 pts94 - Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
- 19 pts95 - Drakan: Order of the Flame
- 19 pts96 - Metal Gear Solid: Peace W...
- 19 pts97 - The Legend of Zelda: Oracle...
- 18 pts98 - Bully: Scholarship Edition
- 18 pts99 - Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell:...
- 18 pts100 - Lego Star Wars II: The Origi...
- 18 pts101 - Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
You have played and enjoyed Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker and you wish to see it climb the ranking ladder? Nothing easier!
Sign up now for a free account and add this to all your top lists and move things around on unikGamer masterlists. Click here to register.If you already own an account on unikGamer, click here to login and edit your lists.
Here's a list of games from the same series.
Latest Microreviews on Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker Review written Thursday, May 29th, 2014 at 08:56 pm.
IMPORTANT: This game has a decoy ending (with credits) it's not actually finished until you do a few more side missions and the real ending is shown. This is crucial if you are going to play ground zeroes/the phantom pain!
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker Review written Thursday, February 28th, 2013 at 05:31 am.
Ok, so I only played the demo on PSP (played the rest on PS3), but controls aside, I'll give it the benefit of the doubt that it was essentially as good. Certainly a step-up from Portable Ops, but not without issues. (some brand-new!)
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker Review written Saturday, October 13th, 2012 at 08:33 am.
Peace Walker is one of my favorite Metal Gear Solid games. The director, Hideo Kojima, did a fantastic job to revamp all of the controls. The limited PSP controls really works to the benefit of Peace Walker, because it simplifies every single command. Now close-quarter combat is as simple as holding a shoulder button and tilting the analog stick. The story is fantastic as well.
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker Review written Monday, September 17th, 2012 at 12:25 pm.
An excellent addition to the series, adding an interesting co-op multiplayer option, a bevy of RPG elements to weigh as you amass a personal army, and a compelling story that illustrates a crucial moment in the series overall lore. The biggest problems here are a direct result of the fact that this is a PSP port. There's no getting around the fact that this is a stripped down Metal Gear experience from a technical standpoint. The environments lack the level of detail found in the main series and even the gameplay is somewhat simplified. The decision to do comic book cut-scenes actually pans out nicely, and helps the game carve out an identity. Overall, this is a more accessible, less cinematic Metal Gear that comes up just shy of essential
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker Review written Thursday, June 7th, 2012 at 07:22 am.
Peace Walker is a tough pill to swallow for me. I wanted to enjoy every minute of it but ultimately found myself grinding through game. It might be a combination of my completion-ist attitude and the handheld structure that led to my boredom with the game. (I played the HD PS3 port)
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker Review written Thursday, April 19th, 2012 at 02:39 pm.
A full-fledged installment in the series, and quite probably the best original PSP game. PW continues the story of Big Boss between MGS3 and MG. I played the HD version. Taking place in Latin America, I like how PW gives credit to El Che. Gameplay is structured for a handheld, with PSP's limitations in mind. Missions are divided into small zones, boss battles are each their own mission. Other than that, it offers everything a console MGS offers, with the added touch of recruiting soldiers, building MSF. The story and cast are good, although far from the best in the series. Big Boss is, of course, incredibly badass as always. There are also a TON of extras which, if explored, can give you 100+ hours of gameplay (the main story being 25-30).
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker Review written Friday, April 6th, 2012 at 08:17 pm.
have not finished but it's mgs so it must be amazing
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker Review written Monday, March 5th, 2012 at 07:43 am.
I did not expect allot from Peace walker but I must admit that the game surprised me bigtime. a Little game packed with a lot of content. If you like the MGS series this game is a must own, the story is far fetched but for a MGS title it was actually more believable than some of the previous titles. Peace walker has some great bos battles and is great value for money.
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker Review written Friday, November 11th, 2011 at 03:46 am.
So a scientist has created 4 AI weapons and she resurrected The Boss? In 1974? Give me a break. Ignoring the unfulfilling story, this is a well crafted game. It's a blast to capture enemies, level them up, use them in combat, and send them on missions all over the world. I put over 70 hours into this game.
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker Review written Friday, September 2nd, 2011 at 12:39 am.
The most impressive game I've played on the PSP. While the controls are improved from the Portable Ops, they still can't overcome the fact it needs a second stick. Besides that however this game is a great MGS game, or action game in general. Packed with content, good graphics, and more backstory on Big Boss, this is an uncompromised MGS outing. The boss battles are kind of the weak for the series, but the scale of the game makes this the best game created for the platform imo.