- Buy on Amazon - Copy URL
- Developed by Squaresoft (1997) on PlayStation, PC
- Role-Playing > J-Style RPG
- An epic adventure across 3 cd-roms. What begins as a rebellion against an evil corporation becomes much more. And what erupts goes beyond imagination. With vivid landscapes, lush 3D animation and environments, Square Soft's multi-million dollar masterpiece is like nothing ever seen before. And it is only on Playstation.
- #7 in All Time Favorite Games
- Rank it!
- Weekly Rank
Characters from that title
Where does it stack up?
#7 in All Time Favorite Games
#30 in Best PC Games
- 885 pts25 - Dragon Age: Origins
- 820 pts26 - Planescape: Torment
- 788 pts27 - Sid Meier's Civilization IV
- 773 pts28 - System Shock 2
- 739 pts29 - Grim Fandango
- 696 pts30 - Final Fantasy VII
- 647 pts31 - Fallout
- 634 pts32 - The Sims
- 589 pts33 - Duke Nukem 3D
- 587 pts34 - Heroes of Might and Magic II...
- 573 pts35 - Baldur's Gate
#2 in Best JP-Style RPGs
- 1844 pts01 - Chrono Trigger
- 1663 pts02 - Final Fantasy VII
- 1460 pts03 - Final Fantasy VI
- 1127 pts04 - Final Fantasy X
- 884 pts05 - Final Fantasy IX
- 796 pts06 - Final Fantasy VIII
- 752 pts07 - Pokemon Red/Blue/Green
- 627 pts08 - Shin Megami Tensei: Persona...
- 586 pts09 - Kingdom Hearts
- 571 pts10 - Kingdom Hearts II
- 560 pts11 - Earthbound
#3 in Best of the '90s
- 2594 pts01 - The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina...
- 1911 pts02 - Chrono Trigger
- 1899 pts03 - Final Fantasy VII
- 1860 pts04 - Super Mario 64
- 1775 pts05 - Super Mario World
- 1674 pts06 - Metal Gear Solid
- 1527 pts07 - The Legend of Zelda: A Link...
- 1498 pts08 - Final Fantasy VI
- 1295 pts09 - Super Metroid
- 1268 pts10 - Pokemon Red/Blue/Green
- 1122 pts11 - Half-Life
#3 in Best Soundtrack
- 1390 pts01 - The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina...
- 1129 pts02 - Chrono Trigger
- 1112 pts03 - Final Fantasy VII
- 811 pts04 - Shadow of the Colossus
- 765 pts05 - Final Fantasy VI
- 687 pts06 - Super Smash Bros. Brawl
- 640 pts07 - Chrono Cross
- 569 pts08 - Castlevania: Symphony of the...
- 560 pts09 - Super Mario Galaxy
- 535 pts10 - Final Fantasy X
- 491 pts11 - Mega Man 2 (NES)
#1 in Best PlayStation Games
- 3124 pts01 - Final Fantasy VII
- 2826 pts02 - Metal Gear Solid
- 2026 pts03 - Final Fantasy IX
- 1846 pts04 - Castlevania: Symphony of the...
- 1592 pts05 - Final Fantasy VIII
- 1193 pts06 - Crash Bandicoot: Warped
- 1177 pts07 - Resident Evil 2
- 1090 pts08 - Final Fantasy Tactics
- 930 pts09 - Crash Bandicoot
- 895 pts10 - Tekken 3
- 869 pts11 - Spyro the Dragon
#4 in Best Storyline
- 1166 pts01 - BioShock
- 1043 pts02 - Mass Effect
- 829 pts03 - Mass Effect 2
- 818 pts04 - Final Fantasy VII
- 765 pts05 - Metal Gear Solid
- 729 pts06 - The Walking Dead
- 685 pts07 - Red Dead Redemption
- 662 pts08 - Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Ea...
- 604 pts09 - Chrono Trigger
- 567 pts10 - Final Fantasy VI
- 566 pts11 - Silent Hill 2
#1 in Best of 1997
- 1826 pts01 - Final Fantasy VII
- 1432 pts02 - GoldenEye 007
- 1163 pts03 - Castlevania: Symphony of the...
- 1105 pts04 - Star Fox 64
- 689 pts05 - Fallout
- 585 pts06 - Final Fantasy Tactics
- 563 pts07 - Tekken 3
- 511 pts08 - Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex St...
- 485 pts09 - Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee
- 472 pts10 - Diddy Kong Racing
- 450 pts11 - Age of Empires
#13 in Most Influential
- 718 pts08 - The Legend of Zelda
- 536 pts09 - Half-Life
- 488 pts10 - Street Fighter II
- 460 pts11 - Halo: Combat Evolved
- 406 pts12 - Pac-Man
- 394 pts13 - Final Fantasy VII
- 358 pts14 - World of Warcraft
- 343 pts15 - Pokemon Red/Blue/Green
- 341 pts16 - Metal Gear Solid
- 320 pts17 - Wolfenstein 3D
- 317 pts18 - Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfa...
#61 in Best Art Style
- 95 pts56 - Paper Mario: The Thousand-Ye...
- 87 pts57 - MadWorld
- 86 pts58 - Batman: Arkham City
- 82 pts59 - Paper Mario
- 82 pts60 - Out of this World
- 81 pts61 - Final Fantasy VII
- 79 pts62 - Alice: Madness Returns
- 79 pts63 - The Elder Scrolls III: Morro...
- 78 pts64 - The Last of Us
- 78 pts65 - Dishonored
- 78 pts66 - Uncharted 3: Drake's Decepti...
#2 in Best of 5th Gen
- 1671 pts01 - The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina...
- 1395 pts02 - Final Fantasy VII
- 1255 pts03 - Metal Gear Solid
- 1206 pts04 - Super Mario 64
- 986 pts05 - The Legend of Zelda: Majora'...
- 825 pts06 - Final Fantasy IX
- 797 pts07 - Final Fantasy VIII
- 764 pts08 - GoldenEye 007
- 706 pts09 - Star Fox 64
- 687 pts10 - Mario Kart 64
- 681 pts11 - Banjo-Kazooie
#51 in Best Current Favorites
- 126 pts46 - Left 4 Dead 2
- 110 pts47 - Grand Theft Auto: San Andrea...
- 108 pts48 - Portal
- 105 pts49 - The Witcher 2: Assassins of...
- 102 pts50 - Journey (2012)
- 102 pts51 - Final Fantasy VII
- 101 pts52 - The Legend of Zelda: Majora'...
- 101 pts53 - The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivi...
- 99 pts54 - The Legend of Zelda: Skyward...
- 98 pts55 - Super Smash Bros. Brawl
- 97 pts56 - FTL: Faster Than Light
You have played and enjoyed Final Fantasy VII and you wish to see it climb the ranking ladder? Nothing easier!
Sign up now for a free account and add this to all your top lists and move things around on unikGamer masterlists. Click here to register.If you already own an account on unikGamer, click here to login and edit your lists.
Here's a list of games from the same series.
Latest Microreviews on Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VII Review written Saturday, July 19th, 2014 at 09:09 pm.
One of the greatest games i have played
Final Fantasy VII Review written Sunday, June 29th, 2014 at 09:49 am.
Final Fantasy 7. A game that has defined a generation and a genre. I can say clearly that this is the first JRPG I played like many other people. FF7 is a diamond of a game with an interesting story with deep immersion and relatable characters and a very fluid combat system due to materia. the story is a solid 20-30 hours long and with a lot of extra stuff to do including ultimate weapons, mastering materia, all limit breaks, beating the emerald and ruby weapons and more. my only problem with my all time favorite turn based rpg is the lack of a super dungeon. Should my gaming wet dream come true and the remaster of this gem come out one day they may add it and have an amazing dungeon with a hidden boss to make it a perfect 10.
Final Fantasy VII Review written Monday, May 19th, 2014 at 01:58 am.
I can't accurately write a review on this game in 750 characters but here is a link to a in depth review. http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation/final-fantasy-vii
Final Fantasy VII Review written Sunday, December 29th, 2013 at 03:57 pm.
The most in depth, complex storyline I've ever played. Absolutely incredible, where the superb writing leads you to form connections with the characters, even peripheral characters, in turn leading to an amazing fantasy world full of laughter and tears!
Final Fantasy VII Review written Friday, August 9th, 2013 at 01:53 pm.
Took me and my older brother a year to complete this game, just such a deep and engrossing story filled with twists and turns. Combat system throughout the game is incredible, especially summoning.
Final Fantasy VII Review written Monday, June 17th, 2013 at 03:24 pm.
I hated this game initially. I'm now ten hours into the game, and am loving every minute of it. The characters are interesting, the combat is fun, and the music is fantastic.
Final Fantasy VII Review written Tuesday, June 11th, 2013 at 11:48 am.
Excellent JRPG, even though I played it nearly 15 years after release. Great characters, plot, music, battle system... I could go on. While there are parts that don't hold up that well and the plot is a touch flawed, I still love this game.
Final Fantasy VII Review written Saturday, June 1st, 2013 at 09:45 pm.
In my opinion, the greatest Playstation game, the greatest Final Fantasy game, the greatest musical score in a game, the greatest JRPG, and one of the single greatest games of all time. It was a true adventure with a fantastic story and cast of characters that you really cared about and wanted to see to the end. Not to mention one of the greatest villains in video games along with one the most shocking scenes and plot-twists ever seen.
Final Fantasy VII Review written Wednesday, May 22nd, 2013 at 06:34 pm.
Perhaps the greatest Final Fantasy ever made? Also the first one to use 3D graphics and my god did they look good back in the day!
Final Fantasy VII Review written Monday, May 20th, 2013 at 10:12 am.
See? Now are you Final Fantasy VII fans happy and gonna leave me alone?...No?...Well, tough s***! While this game does sorta deserve all the praise it gets, it borders on the abyssmal lines that The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time does. I get the usual story: "Dude, f*** you, I grew up with this game and Ocarina of Time. You're just a hater who wants to be "unique" and "different" from the crowd who "knows" how to rate a game the "right" way." Well, ya know what? Maybe you're right, but the point still stands: I cannot see why this game is regarded so highly, so I'm afraid I just can't give it any higher of a score than 7/10. If you don't like that? I'm sorry to hear that, but be happy this is even on my list "at all".