- Buy on Amazon - Copy URL
- Developed by Squaresoft (1997) on PlayStation, PC
- Role-Playing > J-Style RPG
- An epic adventure across 3 cd-roms. What begins as a rebellion against an evil corporation becomes much more. And what erupts goes beyond imagination. With vivid landscapes, lush 3D animation and environments, Square Soft's multi-million dollar masterpiece is like nothing ever seen before. And it is only on Playstation.
- #7 in All Time Favorite Games
- Rank it!
- Weekly Rank
Characters from that title
Where does it stack up?
#7 in All Time Favorite Games
#30 in Best PC Games
- 900 pts25 - Dragon Age: Origins
- 820 pts26 - Planescape: Torment
- 799 pts27 - Sid Meier's Civilization IV
- 772 pts28 - System Shock 2
- 739 pts29 - Grim Fandango
- 696 pts30 - Final Fantasy VII
- 666 pts31 - Fallout
- 641 pts32 - The Sims
- 589 pts33 - Duke Nukem 3D
- 587 pts34 - Heroes of Might and Magic II...
- 573 pts35 - Baldur's Gate
#2 in Best JP-Style RPGs
- 1869 pts01 - Chrono Trigger
- 1664 pts02 - Final Fantasy VII
- 1480 pts03 - Final Fantasy VI
- 1140 pts04 - Final Fantasy X
- 910 pts05 - Final Fantasy IX
- 795 pts06 - Final Fantasy VIII
- 761 pts07 - Pokemon Red/Blue/Green
- 631 pts08 - Shin Megami Tensei: Persona...
- 587 pts09 - Kingdom Hearts
- 577 pts10 - Kingdom Hearts II
- 573 pts11 - Earthbound
#3 in Best of the '90s
- 2596 pts01 - The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina...
- 1911 pts02 - Chrono Trigger
- 1899 pts03 - Final Fantasy VII
- 1863 pts04 - Super Mario 64
- 1781 pts05 - Super Mario World
- 1674 pts06 - Metal Gear Solid
- 1543 pts07 - The Legend of Zelda: A Link...
- 1515 pts08 - Final Fantasy VI
- 1310 pts09 - Super Metroid
- 1267 pts10 - Pokemon Red/Blue/Green
- 1127 pts11 - Half-Life
#3 in Best Soundtrack
- 1386 pts01 - The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina...
- 1141 pts02 - Chrono Trigger
- 1125 pts03 - Final Fantasy VII
- 829 pts04 - Shadow of the Colossus
- 781 pts05 - Final Fantasy VI
- 697 pts06 - Super Smash Bros. Brawl
- 646 pts07 - Chrono Cross
- 573 pts08 - Castlevania: Symphony of the...
- 570 pts09 - Super Mario Galaxy
- 542 pts10 - Final Fantasy X
- 500 pts11 - Mega Man 2 (NES)
#1 in Best PlayStation Games
- 3177 pts01 - Final Fantasy VII
- 2875 pts02 - Metal Gear Solid
- 2071 pts03 - Final Fantasy IX
- 1881 pts04 - Castlevania: Symphony of the...
- 1593 pts05 - Final Fantasy VIII
- 1211 pts06 - Crash Bandicoot: Warped
- 1208 pts07 - Resident Evil 2
- 1113 pts08 - Final Fantasy Tactics
- 933 pts09 - Crash Bandicoot
- 919 pts10 - Tekken 3
- 877 pts11 - Spyro the Dragon
#4 in Best Storyline
- 1188 pts01 - BioShock
- 1060 pts02 - Mass Effect
- 846 pts03 - Mass Effect 2
- 816 pts04 - Final Fantasy VII
- 779 pts05 - Metal Gear Solid
- 749 pts06 - The Walking Dead
- 696 pts07 - Red Dead Redemption
- 668 pts08 - Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Ea...
- 622 pts09 - Chrono Trigger
- 589 pts10 - Silent Hill 2
- 574 pts11 - Final Fantasy VI
#1 in Best of 1997
- 1838 pts01 - Final Fantasy VII
- 1445 pts02 - GoldenEye 007
- 1171 pts03 - Castlevania: Symphony of the...
- 1122 pts04 - Star Fox 64
- 702 pts05 - Fallout
- 585 pts06 - Final Fantasy Tactics
- 578 pts07 - Tekken 3
- 537 pts08 - Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex St...
- 490 pts09 - Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee
- 485 pts10 - Diddy Kong Racing
- 455 pts11 - Age of Empires
#13 in Most Influential
- 744 pts08 - Grand Theft Auto III
- 536 pts09 - Half-Life
- 494 pts10 - Street Fighter II
- 466 pts11 - Halo: Combat Evolved
- 412 pts12 - Pac-Man
- 397 pts13 - Final Fantasy VII
- 358 pts14 - World of Warcraft
- 352 pts15 - Metal Gear Solid
- 343 pts16 - Pokemon Red/Blue/Green
- 323 pts17 - Final Fantasy
- 320 pts18 - Wolfenstein 3D
#62 in Best Art Style
- 88 pts57 - Dishonored
- 87 pts58 - MadWorld
- 86 pts59 - Batman: Arkham City
- 82 pts60 - Paper Mario
- 82 pts61 - Out of this World
- 80 pts62 - Final Fantasy VII
- 79 pts63 - Alice: Madness Returns
- 79 pts64 - The Elder Scrolls III: Morro...
- 78 pts65 - The Last of Us
- 78 pts66 - Uncharted 3: Drake's Decepti...
- 77 pts67 - Rez
#2 in Best of 5th Gen
- 1733 pts01 - The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina...
- 1414 pts02 - Final Fantasy VII
- 1264 pts03 - Metal Gear Solid
- 1245 pts04 - Super Mario 64
- 1034 pts05 - The Legend of Zelda: Majora'...
- 856 pts06 - Final Fantasy IX
- 797 pts07 - Final Fantasy VIII
- 783 pts08 - GoldenEye 007
- 719 pts09 - Star Fox 64
- 702 pts10 - Mario Kart 64
- 701 pts11 - Banjo-Kazooie
#56 in Best Current Favorites
- 105 pts51 - The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivi...
- 103 pts52 - Super Smash Bros. Brawl
- 102 pts53 - Journey (2012)
- 101 pts54 - The Legend of Zelda: Majora'...
- 99 pts55 - DOTA 2
- 98 pts56 - Final Fantasy VII
- 97 pts57 - FTL: Faster Than Light
- 95 pts58 - Saints Row: The Third
- 94 pts59 - Assassin's Creed IV: Black F...
- 93 pts60 - Halo: Reach
- 93 pts61 - Grand Theft Auto IV
You have played and enjoyed Final Fantasy VII and you wish to see it climb the ranking ladder? Nothing easier!
Sign up now for a free account and add this to all your top lists and move things around on unikGamer masterlists. Click here to register.If you already own an account on unikGamer, click here to login and edit your lists.
Here's a list of games from the same series.
Latest Microreviews on Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VII Review written Tuesday, January 6th, 2015 at 04:52 pm.
This time no more faking it. This is me taking off the society mask. Most lie to me. Even there life becomes a lie. They have been polluted so long as it says in The Dark Knight....."The Hero Lives Long Enough To Become The Villain". Sometimes the vile of the earth is so severe the angel gets turned into the demon by other human demons. The Story, Music, Gameplay are all classic. Beyond this though there is a darker side to VII than many express. It says so much without blatantly saying it. You have to read between the lines to get it. Even in the dark abyss that is our earth today do not let the brain washed brain wash you from being a positive person in a heavy negative world. Revenge only hurts you in the end. Justice is forgiveness.
Final Fantasy VII Review written Saturday, July 19th, 2014 at 09:09 pm.
One of the greatest games i have played
Final Fantasy VII Review written Sunday, June 29th, 2014 at 09:49 am.
Final Fantasy 7. A game that has defined a generation and a genre. I can say clearly that this is the first JRPG I played like many other people. FF7 is a diamond of a game with an interesting story with deep immersion and relatable characters and a very fluid combat system due to materia. the story is a solid 20-30 hours long and with a lot of extra stuff to do including ultimate weapons, mastering materia, all limit breaks, beating the emerald and ruby weapons and more. my only problem with my all time favorite turn based rpg is the lack of a super dungeon. Should my gaming wet dream come true and the remaster of this gem come out one day they may add it and have an amazing dungeon with a hidden boss to make it a perfect 10.
Final Fantasy VII Review written Monday, May 19th, 2014 at 01:58 am.
I can't accurately write a review on this game in 750 characters but here is a link to a in depth review. http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation/final-fantasy-vii
Final Fantasy VII Review written Sunday, December 29th, 2013 at 03:57 pm.
The most in depth, complex storyline I've ever played. Absolutely incredible, where the superb writing leads you to form connections with the characters, even peripheral characters, in turn leading to an amazing fantasy world full of laughter and tears!
Final Fantasy VII Review written Friday, August 9th, 2013 at 01:53 pm.
Took me and my older brother a year to complete this game, just such a deep and engrossing story filled with twists and turns. Combat system throughout the game is incredible, especially summoning.
Final Fantasy VII Review written Monday, June 17th, 2013 at 03:24 pm.
I hated this game initially. I'm now ten hours into the game, and am loving every minute of it. The characters are interesting, the combat is fun, and the music is fantastic.
Final Fantasy VII Review written Tuesday, June 11th, 2013 at 11:48 am.
Excellent JRPG, even though I played it nearly 15 years after release. Great characters, plot, music, battle system... I could go on. While there are parts that don't hold up that well and the plot is a touch flawed, I still love this game.
Final Fantasy VII Review written Saturday, June 1st, 2013 at 09:45 pm.
In my opinion, the greatest Playstation game, the greatest Final Fantasy game, the greatest musical score in a game, the greatest JRPG, and one of the single greatest games of all time. It was a true adventure with a fantastic story and cast of characters that you really cared about and wanted to see to the end. Not to mention one of the greatest villains in video games along with one the most shocking scenes and plot-twists ever seen.
Final Fantasy VII Review written Wednesday, May 22nd, 2013 at 06:34 pm.
Perhaps the greatest Final Fantasy ever made? Also the first one to use 3D graphics and my god did they look good back in the day!