- Buy on Amazon - Copy URL
- Developed by Squaresoft (1997) on PlayStation, PC
- Role-Playing > J-Style RPG
- An epic adventure across 3 cd-roms. What begins as a rebellion against an evil corporation becomes much more. And what erupts goes beyond imagination. With vivid landscapes, lush 3D animation and environments, Square Soft's multi-million dollar masterpiece is like nothing ever seen before. And it is only on Playstation.
- #7 in All Time Favorite Games
- Rank it!
- Weekly Rank
Characters from that title
Where does it stack up?
#7 in All Time Favorite Games
#30 in Best PC Games
- 903 pts25 - StarCraft II: Wings of Liber...
- 805 pts26 - Planescape: Torment
- 800 pts27 - System Shock 2
- 788 pts28 - Sid Meier's Civilization IV
- 753 pts29 - Grim Fandango
- 736 pts30 - Final Fantasy VII
- 647 pts31 - Fallout
- 606 pts32 - Heroes of Might and Magic II...
- 605 pts33 - The Sims
- 586 pts34 - Duke Nukem 3D
- 586 pts35 - Baldur's Gate
#2 in Best JP-Style RPGs
- 1897 pts01 - Chrono Trigger
- 1675 pts02 - Final Fantasy VII
- 1524 pts03 - Final Fantasy VI
- 1155 pts04 - Final Fantasy X
- 929 pts05 - Final Fantasy IX
- 797 pts06 - Final Fantasy VIII
- 761 pts07 - Pokemon Red/Blue/Green
- 631 pts08 - Shin Megami Tensei: Persona...
- 592 pts09 - Kingdom Hearts
- 583 pts10 - Kingdom Hearts II
- 575 pts11 - Earthbound
#3 in Best of the '90s
- 2565 pts01 - The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina...
- 1942 pts02 - Chrono Trigger
- 1909 pts03 - Final Fantasy VII
- 1863 pts04 - Super Mario 64
- 1784 pts05 - Super Mario World
- 1674 pts06 - Metal Gear Solid
- 1549 pts07 - The Legend of Zelda: A Link...
- 1535 pts08 - Final Fantasy VI
- 1334 pts09 - Super Metroid
- 1251 pts10 - Pokemon Red/Blue/Green
- 1073 pts11 - Half-Life
#3 in Best Soundtrack
- 1425 pts01 - The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina...
- 1150 pts02 - Chrono Trigger
- 1127 pts03 - Final Fantasy VII
- 825 pts04 - Shadow of the Colossus
- 790 pts05 - Final Fantasy VI
- 705 pts06 - Super Smash Bros. Brawl
- 659 pts07 - Chrono Cross
- 579 pts08 - Super Mario Galaxy
- 577 pts09 - Castlevania: Symphony of the...
- 548 pts10 - Final Fantasy X
- 515 pts11 - Mega Man 2 (NES)
#1 in Best PlayStation Games
- 3245 pts01 - Final Fantasy VII
- 2942 pts02 - Metal Gear Solid
- 2110 pts03 - Final Fantasy IX
- 1910 pts04 - Castlevania: Symphony of the...
- 1619 pts05 - Final Fantasy VIII
- 1235 pts06 - Resident Evil 2
- 1232 pts07 - Crash Bandicoot: Warped
- 1124 pts08 - Final Fantasy Tactics
- 940 pts09 - Crash Bandicoot
- 935 pts10 - Tekken 3
- 880 pts11 - Spyro the Dragon
#4 in Best Storyline
- 1188 pts01 - BioShock
- 1049 pts02 - Mass Effect
- 841 pts03 - Mass Effect 2
- 811 pts04 - Final Fantasy VII
- 771 pts05 - Metal Gear Solid
- 739 pts06 - The Walking Dead
- 702 pts07 - Red Dead Redemption
- 667 pts08 - Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Ea...
- 622 pts09 - Chrono Trigger
- 593 pts10 - Silent Hill 2
- 582 pts11 - BioShock Infinite
#1 in Best of 1997
- 1861 pts01 - Final Fantasy VII
- 1436 pts02 - GoldenEye 007
- 1175 pts03 - Castlevania: Symphony of the...
- 1114 pts04 - Star Fox 64
- 684 pts05 - Fallout
- 592 pts06 - Final Fantasy Tactics
- 584 pts07 - Tekken 3
- 537 pts08 - Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex St...
- 497 pts09 - Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee
- 488 pts10 - Diddy Kong Racing
- 478 pts11 - Age of Empires
#13 in Most Influential
- 731 pts08 - Grand Theft Auto III
- 527 pts09 - Half-Life
- 491 pts10 - Street Fighter II
- 461 pts11 - Halo: Combat Evolved
- 423 pts12 - Pac-Man
- 406 pts13 - Final Fantasy VII
- 358 pts14 - World of Warcraft
- 353 pts15 - Metal Gear Solid
- 349 pts16 - Pokemon Red/Blue/Green
- 326 pts17 - Final Fantasy
- 319 pts18 - Wolfenstein 3D
#62 in Best Art Style
- 88 pts57 - The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina...
- 87 pts58 - MadWorld
- 86 pts59 - Batman: Arkham City
- 82 pts60 - Paper Mario
- 82 pts61 - Another World
- 80 pts62 - Final Fantasy VII
- 79 pts63 - Alice: Madness Returns
- 79 pts64 - The Elder Scrolls III: Morro...
- 78 pts65 - The Last of Us
- 78 pts66 - Uncharted 3: Drake's Decepti...
- 77 pts67 - Rez
#2 in Best of 5th Gen
- 1716 pts01 - The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina...
- 1427 pts02 - Final Fantasy VII
- 1267 pts03 - Metal Gear Solid
- 1263 pts04 - Super Mario 64
- 1042 pts05 - The Legend of Zelda: Majora'...
- 845 pts06 - Final Fantasy IX
- 797 pts07 - Final Fantasy VIII
- 773 pts08 - GoldenEye 007
- 702 pts09 - Banjo-Kazooie
- 700 pts10 - Star Fox 64
- 688 pts11 - Mario Kart 64
#58 in Best Current Favorites
- 108 pts53 - DOTA 2
- 103 pts54 - Assassin's Creed IV: Black F...
- 103 pts55 - Journey (2012)
- 101 pts56 - Halo: Reach
- 99 pts57 - Grand Theft Auto IV
- 98 pts58 - Final Fantasy VII
- 92 pts59 - The Legend of Zelda: Skyward...
- 89 pts60 - Super Mario 3D World
- 89 pts61 - Dark Souls II
- 88 pts62 - Saints Row: The Third
- 88 pts63 - Heavy Rain
You have played and enjoyed Final Fantasy VII and you wish to see it climb the ranking ladder? Nothing easier!
Sign up now for a free account and add this to all your top lists and move things around on unikGamer masterlists. Click here to register.If you already own an account on unikGamer, click here to login and edit your lists.
Here's a list of games from the same series.
Latest Microreviews on Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VII Review written Tuesday, January 6th, 2015 at 04:52 pm.
This time no more faking it. This is me taking off the society mask. Most lie to me. Even there life becomes a lie. They have been polluted so long as it says in The Dark Knight....."The Hero Lives Long Enough To Become The Villain". Sometimes the vile of the earth is so severe the angel gets turned into the demon by other human demons. The Story, Music, Gameplay are all classic. Beyond this though there is a darker side to VII than many express. It says so much without blatantly saying it. You have to read between the lines to get it. Even in the dark abyss that is our earth today do not let the brain washed brain wash you from being a positive person in a heavy negative world. Revenge only hurts you in the end. Justice is forgiveness.
Final Fantasy VII Review written Saturday, July 19th, 2014 at 09:09 pm.
One of the greatest games i have played
Final Fantasy VII Review written Sunday, June 29th, 2014 at 09:49 am.
Final Fantasy 7. A game that has defined a generation and a genre. I can say clearly that this is the first JRPG I played like many other people. FF7 is a diamond of a game with an interesting story with deep immersion and relatable characters and a very fluid combat system due to materia. the story is a solid 20-30 hours long and with a lot of extra stuff to do including ultimate weapons, mastering materia, all limit breaks, beating the emerald and ruby weapons and more. my only problem with my all time favorite turn based rpg is the lack of a super dungeon. Should my gaming wet dream come true and the remaster of this gem come out one day they may add it and have an amazing dungeon with a hidden boss to make it a perfect 10.
Final Fantasy VII Review written Monday, May 19th, 2014 at 01:58 am.
I can't accurately write a review on this game in 750 characters but here is a link to a in depth review. http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation/final-fantasy-vii
Final Fantasy VII Review written Sunday, December 29th, 2013 at 03:57 pm.
The most in depth, complex storyline I've ever played. Absolutely incredible, where the superb writing leads you to form connections with the characters, even peripheral characters, in turn leading to an amazing fantasy world full of laughter and tears!
Final Fantasy VII Review written Friday, August 9th, 2013 at 01:53 pm.
Took me and my older brother a year to complete this game, just such a deep and engrossing story filled with twists and turns. Combat system throughout the game is incredible, especially summoning.
Final Fantasy VII Review written Monday, June 17th, 2013 at 03:24 pm.
I hated this game initially. I'm now ten hours into the game, and am loving every minute of it. The characters are interesting, the combat is fun, and the music is fantastic.
Final Fantasy VII Review written Tuesday, June 11th, 2013 at 11:48 am.
Excellent JRPG, even though I played it nearly 15 years after release. Great characters, plot, music, battle system... I could go on. While there are parts that don't hold up that well and the plot is a touch flawed, I still love this game.
Final Fantasy VII Review written Saturday, June 1st, 2013 at 09:45 pm.
In my opinion, the greatest Playstation game, the greatest Final Fantasy game, the greatest musical score in a game, the greatest JRPG, and one of the single greatest games of all time. It was a true adventure with a fantastic story and cast of characters that you really cared about and wanted to see to the end. Not to mention one of the greatest villains in video games along with one the most shocking scenes and plot-twists ever seen.
Final Fantasy VII Review written Wednesday, May 22nd, 2013 at 06:34 pm.
Perhaps the greatest Final Fantasy ever made? Also the first one to use 3D graphics and my god did they look good back in the day!