unikGamerunikGamer
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (KotOR) text_is #35 on unikGamerStar Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (KotOR) text_is #35 on unikGamer

User Average Score

9.1Fantastic

Rated by 305 members
registered on unikGamerRate it!

Games > The Legend of Zelda: A Link to...

Developed by Nintendo EAD (1991) on Super NES.
#14 in All Time Favorite Games on unikGamer - Rank it!

Pages : 12345

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past Sunday, September 30th, 2012 at 07:11 pm.

How long is this game?

I'm planning on going through my emulator backlog in the next few weeks and I need to know if this will be an appropriate game to play given I'll only be gaming about an hour a day.

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past Sunday, September 30th, 2012 at 09:10 pm.

If you know the game inside out, it can take 2-6 hours, depending on how "complete" you want to finish it. If you're playing it for the first time, I'd estimate 1o-2o hours. If you're also trying to get 1oo% on that first time, 2o+ hours easily.

An hour a day isn't much ... :^(

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past Sunday, September 30th, 2012 at 10:54 pm.

I think an hour a day is plenty. Of course I'm not someone who usually plays games for hours at a time.

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past Monday, October 1st, 2012 at 08:51 am.

Thanks Wood, at my rate the game could take up to 3 weeks, so I think I'll save it for half term and in the meantime play something like Super Metroid :)

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past Sunday, December 2nd, 2012 at 06:55 pm.

Some of the music is so depressing. It's like it's trying to convey hope, but then proceeds to mercilessly crush it.

Show/Hide spoiler

Good mood amplifiers I suppose, but they take a toil on my spirits.

The other thing that bothered me was that if you wanted to fight Ganon in your signature green clothes, you had to avoid those clothes upgrades which then made the game significantly tougher.

But overall, good game, good game.

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past Wednesday, April 17th, 2013 at 05:59 pm.

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past Wednesday, April 17th, 2013 at 06:40 pm.

DAYUM! If this is any good, I might just buy a 3DS after all.

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past Wednesday, April 17th, 2013 at 07:43 pm.

That looks pretty cool.
I hope the new mechanics don't become gimmicks, because they look like they have a fair bit of promise.

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past Wednesday, April 17th, 2013 at 10:52 pm.

Looks like a combo of Super Mario 3D Land and Paper Mario, but with Zelda. I like the part where when he jumps up, theres a layer of the enviroment he lands on that couldn't be seen before. That's interesting.

doadyNeogeo Nerd

doady

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past Thursday, April 18th, 2013 at 02:30 am.

Seems kind of hokey and not very interesting, honestly.

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past Thursday, April 18th, 2013 at 02:35 am.

doady said:

Seems kind of hokey and not very interesting, honestly.

I second this.

If the gameplay trailers and early screenshots don't impress me, I think I won't buy this until the pride drops hardcore...

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past Thursday, April 18th, 2013 at 02:37 am.

WHAT DID THEY DO TO THE GRAPHICS!!! they replaced the awesome 2D sprites with low res 3D graphics, it looks horrible.

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past Thursday, April 18th, 2013 at 07:09 am.

How come I have missed that? Seriously, I read gaming websites 6 hours a day on average -.-
This is going to be so great! The 3DS (at least for me) just became a must have handheld.
Although this game is based on Hyrule in LttP, there is no confirmation that it is actually called "LttP 2", right?

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past Thursday, April 18th, 2013 at 07:57 am.

I see Reggie is still vaguely terrifying.

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past Thursday, April 18th, 2013 at 12:34 pm.

edit: nvm you guys already know.
How do I miss these topics in the recent topic list? It's like I'm blind to any topic I haven't posted in.

unikGamer

Aramonde said:

WHAT DID THEY DO TO THE GRAPHICS!!! they replaced the awesome 2D sprites with low res 3D graphics, it looks horrible.

The makeover looks incredibly well done, whatcha talkin about.
And sprites are dead. Sprites would've only been good if the game looked exactly the same as the SNES. (same res)

edit: Wow Link can enter the walls. That's insane.
Though I have to wonder if that can be considered true to LttP's style.
Also, interesting that the game is coming out this year. Do you suppose the game will be short?
Though it does look like it's nearly finished, we have not a proof-of-concept or a teaser trailer but actual gameplay.

Pages : 12345