unikGamerunikGamer
Mega Man X text_is #116 on unikGamerMega Man X text_is #116 on unikGamer

User Average Score

8.5Fantastic

Rated by 87 members
registered on unikGamerRate it!

Games > Mortal Kombat (2011)

Developed by NetherRealm Studios (2011) on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PS Vita.
#289 in All Time Favorite Games on unikGamer - Rank it!

Pages : 123

PapissamaAdministrator

Papissama

Mortal Kombat (2011) Wednesday, July 13th, 2011 at 03:18 pm.

This is the official topic to discuss anything that is related to "Mortal Kombat (2011)".
Please use spoiler tags if necessary!!

Mortal Kombat (2011) Sunday, December 11th, 2011 at 08:56 pm.

Gamespot said:

According to Boon, while it's an inevitability that the studio will eventually return to the franchise that was first born in 1992, right now the team is at work on a different project. Boon did not offer any other details on what that project may be, though he did note that Netherrealm has no plans to release additional downloadable content for the most recent Mortal Kombat.

Massive respect sir Boon. I was really afraid he'd cave in and milk it, after the success MK had this year.

Mortal Kombat (2011) Sunday, December 11th, 2011 at 09:02 pm.

it was banned here in Aus but everyone imported it.. except for me :(

FillyModerator

Filly

Mortal Kombat (2011) Sunday, December 11th, 2011 at 09:37 pm.

ManCannon, Y U NO IMPORT ???

This actually won Best Fighting Game at the VGAs last night.

Mortal Kombat (2011) Friday, March 16th, 2012 at 03:06 pm.

Vita Gameplay Trailer

Mortal Kombat (2011) Friday, March 16th, 2012 at 03:40 pm.

i still gotta import this :\

Mortal Kombat (2011) Tuesday, January 8th, 2013 at 03:39 pm.

Maybe I'd give the genre one last shot, over this title, and this title only.

because of Giant Bomb thread where everyone is telling this one guy like oh yea its totally good for those not into fighting games. (yea.. sure)

and also because I remember old dev interview where Boon or someone claimed the game is.. I forget, either inspired by SF4, or, said SF4 didnt go far enough. Or both.

Mortal Kombat (2011) Tuesday, January 8th, 2013 at 05:01 pm.

Mortal Kombat is my fav fighting series, and this is the best one.

Mortal Kombat (2011) Wednesday, January 9th, 2013 at 03:44 am.

I had a thought soon after making my previous post.
Resulting from this whole giving another chance idea.

Not long ago I thought handheld fighters are cheating by dodging many of the genre's flaws. (such as players have to stop playing each other in order to practice solo)

But what if fighters are just naturally meant for handhelds. To play 2P you need 2 systems. This means both players own the system. This means both players own the game meaning they both play it in their own time. And it means single player is the default, whereas local 2P is the more temporary state of play.

This logic gets even weirder when you consider that in handheld version, the process of unlocking characters becomes player-specific and thus actually makes sense. You could conceviably play against someone who uses a character who you haven't unlocked yet, or didn't even know existed. Assuming that's how it works.
All this as opposed to both players being locked out of the same characters even if one of the players has a complete save at home.

But none of this really means anything considering it's obviously not intentional. At best it's an ascended glitch that hasn't even ascended yet, at least not on a widespread level.
And ah crap it just sunk in that almost everything I like in gaming is perhaps in one way or another a non-ascended ascended glitch if I really think about it.
Come to think of it why even bash or praise games if good/bad points are things that arbitrarily emerged.

Mortal Kombat (2011) Wednesday, January 9th, 2013 at 07:14 am.

I don't know but single player has always been the main thing in fighting games. That's why games like Soulcalibur V were criticized, it had weak single player content.

Mortal Kombat (2011) Wednesday, January 9th, 2013 at 01:06 pm.

ManCannon, Rukkshards gone weird again, bring his medicine.

EDIT: Oh and start adding "dislike" after all his posts, just so we get some trolling practice in for later.

Mortal Kombat (2011) Thursday, January 10th, 2013 at 01:42 am.

i know, i saw this yesterday and i was gonna give him an award for most mental internet person i know

Mortal Kombat (2011) Thursday, January 10th, 2013 at 01:45 am.

mk8 said:

I don't know but single player has always been the main thing in fighting games. That's why games like Soulcalibur V were criticized, it had weak single player content.

I think I remember SoulCalibur Broken Destiny criticized for that. Well either that or for having no story. Something like that.
But someone also criticized it for not having AI vs AI. I didn't even know that was a thing.

Mortal Kombat (2011) Thursday, January 10th, 2013 at 01:53 am.

i'm glad to see other people on UG taking MK. i thought me & pudding were the only fans of it here. who is your guys favorite characters?

Mortal Kombat (2011) Thursday, January 10th, 2013 at 03:48 am.

I've had a soft spot for the series since the original. Long time Scorpion and Jax user here, although in this game I gravitated towards Kabal and Kitana.

Pages : 123